Recipe courtesy of the Certified Angus Beef ® Brand
Maple and Rosemary Coated Tenderloin Roast Wrapped in Applewood Bacon
The Maple and Rosemary Coated Tenderloin Roast wrapped in Bacon makes an easy and delicious recipe for a Holiday or special occasion. This roast brings the savory applewood taste of the bacon to a new level by allowing it to seep into the roast while it is cooking.
2.5 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® Chateaubriand Tenderloin Roast
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
1oz pure maple syrup
1 pound applewood bacon, traditional thin sliced
Roasting pan fitted with rack
- Pre-heat oven to 450ºF then line the bottom of the roasting pan with foil and top with rack.
- To begin with, season the tenderloin roast with salt and pepper. Once roast has been seasoned, in a small mixing bowl combine rosemary and maple syrup.
- Lay a 2-foot length of plastic wrap on a cutting board and shingle bacon slices vertically on the plastic wrap, slightly overlapping each piece from left to right, until the width of the shingled slices matches the length of the tenderloin.
- Coat the tenderloin with the maple rosemary mix and then lay horizontally across the bottom of the shingled bacon slices and then roll the tenderloin in the bacon slices, using the plastic wrap.
- Remove the plastic wrap and lay the tenderloin, bacon seam side down, in the roasting pan.
- Roast tenderloin for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 325ºF and continue roasting for 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 125ºF for medium rare.
- Remove roast from oven, tent with foil and then allow to rest 10-15 minutes before serving.